The Blewett Fire Department serves an area of approximately 15 square kilometers, with 289 dwellings and 723 people. We are funded by the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) and operate on an entirely volunteer basis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The department provides:
- Emergency fire protection and suppression
- First responder emergency medical care in support of the BC Ambulance Service
- Suppression of wild land fires in support of the BC Ministry of Forests
- Fire prevention and investigation in support of the BC Fire Commissioner
- Mutual aid assistance to other RDCK fire departments
We also respond to 911 calls such as floods, natural disasters, and motor vehicle accidents.